Entertainment Industry Role Quiz
Welcome to the Entertainment Industry Role Quiz! You might be interested in many different paths – and you might be good at many different things – but there’s always a role or two that’s perfect for you. To help you figure out which job in the entertainment industry might be the best fit, this quiz will ask you questions to gauge your passions, personality, and interests. Finding out the right fit could save you time, money, and research in your journey. Remember, this quiz is just for fun and might provide some insights into your preferences and strengths. We just want to help here at the DPP!
Sooo… let’s get started!
Question 1: What excites you the most about the entertainment industry?
- A) Being able to perform and showcase all my talents.
- B) Creating compelling stories and characters.
- C) Behind-the-scenes work, making everything run smoothly.
- D) Using today’s technology to enhance entertainment experiences.
Question 2: Which of these best describes your ideal Friday night?
- A) Performing at a karaoke night, open mic, or improv show.
- B) Cozying up with a good book or writing in your journal.
- C) Hosting a night in, or out, with friends.
- D) Using the newest tech toys you just acquired.
Question 3: When you’re in a creative mood, what’s your go-to activity?
- A) Expressing yourself through song or dance, whether it’s in your room or out on the town.
- B) Writing – from journaling, to a short story, or crafting a poem/lyrics.
- C) Organizing an elaborate surprise for a loved one.
- D) Using your computer or devices to experiment with digital art, animation, or coding.
Question 4: How do you handle challenges and unexpected curveballs?
- A) You embrace them, relishing the opportunity to improvise and shine.
- B) You see them as chances to think outside the box and get more creative.
- C) You assess the situation and come up with a well-thought-out plan.
- D) You dive headfirst into problem-solving mode, using technology to your advantage.
Question 5: Choose a quote that resonates with you:
- A) “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” – William Shakespeare
- B) “The pen is mightier than the sword.” – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- C) “The show must go on.” – Proverb
- D) “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” – Albert Einstein
Question 6: Your closest friends would describe you as…
- A) Charismatic, always the life of the party.
- B) Creative, with your head often in the clouds.
- C) Reliable, the one who keeps everyone organized.
- D) Tech-savvy, the go-to person for all tech advice.
Question 7: Pick an event you’d most like to attend:
- A) A live awards show or concert.
- B) A writing workshop or book reading.
- C) A film set during production.
- D) A technology expo showcasing the latest entertainment gadgets.
Question 8: What type of event would you most likely host for your birthday?
- A) A grand costume party – complete with a performance by you.
- B) A cozy book club gathering with friends.
- C) A meticulously planned themed dinner party.
- D) A gaming night with virtual reality experiences.
Question 9: How do you collaborate with others?
- A) I’m a team player and can take on a leadership role when needed.
- B) I love brainstorming and adding a creative touch to ideas.
- C) I’m a natural organizer, ensuring everyone’s strengths are utilized and everything stays on track.
- D) I’m great at collaborating on technical aspects and troubleshooting.
Question 10: Which aspect of the entertainment industry appeals to you the most?
- A) Being in the spotlight and center of attention, using my talent to captivate audiences.
- B) As long as I have a lot of creative control, I’m happy.
- C) The logistics of making big events or productions happen.
- D) Leveraging technology, new and used, to create immersive experiences.
Count the number of A’s, B’s, C’s, and D’s you selected…
– Mostly A’s: Performing Artist – You thrive on the stage or in front of the camera and love to express yourself through performance. Examples for this path include, but are not limited to…
- Stand-up Comedian
– Mostly B’s: Creative Writer/Director – Crafting stories and bringing characters to life is your passion. Examples for this path include, but are not limited to…
- Film/TV Director
- Television Showrunner
– Mostly C’s: Production Manager – You excel at organizing and coordinating various aspects of entertainment. Examples for this path include, but are not limited to…
- Production Manager
- Talent Manager
- Stage Manager
- Film or TV Production Coordinator
- Location Manager
– Mostly D’s: Tech Wiz – Your skills with technology can shape and elevate entertainment experiences. Examples for this path include, but are not limited to…
- Video Editor
- Sound Engineer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Lighting Technician
- Graphic Designer for Entertainment
Don’t forget – these results are just a playful way to consider your potential fit in the entertainment industry. Many roles require a combination of skills, and there’s room to explore different paths within the industry. But we hope you had fun and eased your mind a bit. Until next time, with love from the DPP.
Featured image via Pinterest/MBookshack